Fat-Free Chocolate Almond Pudding Dip
Combine Watkins Chocolate Dessert Mix, sugar, water and milk in a medium saucepan; mix well. Cook over medium heat until the pudding begins to boil and thicken. Pour hot pudding into a bowl. Let cool slightly; stir in sour cream along with extracts; mix well. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 1/4 cup/60 ml Watkins Chocolate Dessert Mix
- 1/4 cup/60 ml sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 ml water
- 1 cup/250 ml skim milk
- 1/2 cup/125 ml non-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mlWatkins Almond Extract
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mlWatkins Vanilla
Serve with graham crackers or fruits.
Homemade Root Beer Float
Root Beer Syrup:
- 1-3/4 cup/425 ml sugar
- 2-1/4 cup/560 ml water
- 2 tbsp/30 ml Watkins Root Beer Extract
Combine sugar and water in small saucepan; heat and stir until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; add Root Beer Flavour and mix thoroughly. Place in a well-sealed container and keep in the refrigerator.
Place 1/3 cup/80 ml of the Root Beer Syrup into a glass. Add 5 fl oz/150 ml of club soda or sparkling water. Mix well. Add ice.
Note: This make a light coloured root beer. If desired, you can add liquid caramel colouring if desired and it's available in your area.
Root Beer Float:
Float a scoop of vanilla ice cream, ice milk or frozen yogurt in a frosted mug of root beer for a good old-fashioned soda fountain-style treat on a hot summer day!
Boil potatoes until just tender. Cool.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2/3 cup/160 ml mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp/45 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp/15 ml prepared mustard
- 2-1/2 tsp/12.5 mL Watkins Potato Salad Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL Watkins Tarragon
- 3 green onions, sliced
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except green onions. When potatoes are cooled, cut into cubes; toss with dressing and onions.
Grilled Steak and Vegetables
Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle beef rub evenly over both sides of steak, pressing down firmly with hand or spatula. Let stand 30 minutes; grill 4 to 5 inches/10 to 13 cm from coals until done to your liking. Cut into serving pieces. (Makes 6 servings)
- 2 to 3 lbs/900 to 1360 g T-bone or other tender steak (about 1-1/2 inches/4 cm thick)
- Watkins Beef Grill Rub
Tip: If desired, moisten meat with Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil before pressing the rub into it to help the dry rub stick.
Toss first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl. Thread vegetables on metal skewers; grill until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 8 oz/227 g fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch/2.5 cm slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch/2.5 cm slices
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Watkins Garlic & Parsley Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Watkins Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Seasoning Salt, Watkins Italian Pepper Blend to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Rub drumsticks with a mixture of the oil, Grill Seasoning and Cayenne Pepper.
- 12 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb/900 g)
- 1/4 cup/60 ml Watkins Grapeseed Oil
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 ml Watkins Grill Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml Watkins Cayenne (Red) Pepper
- 1 can (15 oz/450 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp/30 ml reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp/15 ml sugar
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Watkins Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Dry Mustard
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml Watkins Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml Watkins Garlic Powder
Build a medium fire in grill (or broil in oven broiler). Grill 4 inches/10 cm from heat, turning several times, 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make Tomato Basting Sauce: Combine remaining ingredients in a large jar with a screw-on top; shake to blend. Brush drumsticks generously with Tomato Basting Sauce; grill 20 minutes longer or until well glazed.
Makes 6 servings.
Clare's Taco Seasoning Mix
This recipe comes from valued Watkins
Customer, Clare Ross of Meaford ON.
entered into Watkins Recipe Contest in April, 2007!
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Add to browned and drained ground beef.
- 1 to 2 tsp/5 to 10 ml Watkins Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Garlic Granules
- 2 tsp/10 ml Watkins Parsley
- 1 to 2 tbsp/15 to 30 ml Watkins Chili Powder
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Cumin
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Oregano
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp/10 ml corn starch
Tip: You can make up a multiple batch, and store it - just remember to stir it well before measuring, as it tends to settle a bit. Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup/60 to 80 ml of mix per 1-1/2 lbs/680 g of ground beef.