Watkins Original Allspice
together all ingredients except oil. Shape into about 30
meatballs. In 10-inch/25-cm skillet heat oil over medium high heat
and saute meatballs, turning occasionally, until desired doneness
(about 12 to 15 minutes).
- 3/4 cup/175 mL onion, grated
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp/5 mL Coarse Sea Salt, ground
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Allspice
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL Watkins Black Pepper
- 1 lb/450 g ground beef
- 1 lb/450 g ground pork
- 2 tbsp/30 mL Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil
- 1 lb/450 g cooked pasta
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Parsley
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL bay leaves, crushed
Combine ingredients and pour over
Makes 2 cups/500 mL.
Tip: Serve with your favorite
spaghetti sauce - be sure to try our recipe for "Spaghetti Sauce" which can be found in the "Soups, Sauces, Salsas and Gravies" section of our "Complete Recipe Index" above.
Turkey Pot Pies
- 6 tbsp/75 mL butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup/125 mL chopped onion
- 1/2 cup/125 mL all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp/10 mL Watkins Parsley
- 3/4 tsp/4 mL poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 mL lemon pepper
- 3 cups/750 mL water
- 3 tbsp/45 mL Watkins Chicken Soup & Gravy
- 3 cups/750 mL cubed, cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 package (10 oz/285 g) frozen peas and carrots,
tender-cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chopped pimento
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (6 per
butter in a saucepan. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in next
six ingredients; mix well. Cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir
in chicken, vegetables and pimento; heat until bubbly. Divide
mixture into six individual casseroles. Cut each biscuit into
quarters; place four quarters on top of each casserole. Place on
shallow baking pan; bake at 450 F/230 C for 8 to 10 minutes or
until biscuits are lightly browned.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking
powder and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla;
add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup/125 mL sugar
- 3 tsp/15 mL baking powder
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 mL salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup/250 mL buttermilk
- 1/4 cup/60 mL butter, melted
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Baking Vanilla
- 1 cup/250 mL dried cranberries
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioner's sugar
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat
oil to 375 F/190 C. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls, a few at a
time,into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 - 2 minutes on
each side. Drain o paper towels. Dust fritters with
Yield 3-1/2 dozen.
Chocolate-Dipped Cinnamon Crisps
4 small flour tortillas
Watkins Cooking Spray
1/2 cup/125 ml sugar
1-1/2 tsp/7.5 ml Watkins Cinnamon
1/2 cup/125 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp/10 ml vegetable shortening
Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Spray with cooking spray and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400°F/205°C for 4 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon in plastic bag. When tortilla wedges are brown, spray again with cooking spray and place a few at a time in sugar/cinnamon bag; shake to coat well. Place on a piece of waxed paper. In small saucepan or in microwave, melt chips and shortening. Place pan in warm water to keep chocolate soft. Tip wide end of each tortilla wedge into melted chocolate; place on waxed paper and allow chocolate to harden.
Makes 32 wedges, 4 per serving.
Hearty Tomato Soup
Submitted by Watkins Customers Kathy and Mike Dooley
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely (about 1/2 cup/125 ml)
- 1 tbsp/15 ml butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Paprika
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Basil
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml Garlic Powder
- 8 oz/250 ml pkg cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cup/310 ml milk
- 2 10 oz/300 ml cans tomato soup
- 1 large can (28 oz/840 ml diced tomatoes, undrained)
Cook and stir onion and butter in a 3-quart/3-litre saucepan until onion is transparent (2-3 minutes); remove from heat. Stir in paprika, basil, garlic powder and cream cheese. Gradually stir in milk and soup; beat with mixer until smooth. Break up tomatoes with a fork; stir into soup. Heat over minimum heat, stirring frequently, until hot.
Makes 8 servings of 1 cup/250 ml each.
Ingredients that in are in 'bold' print are available from Watkins only the USA.
Ingredients in 'bold' that say 'Watkins' are available in both the USA and Canada.