Let's ring in the New Year in style with|
"A New Year's International Appetizer Party!"
.... with a little help from Watkins, of course!
Bruschetta is a traditional Italian appetizer, the name of which comes from the Italian word "bruscare", which means "to roast over coals".
- 4 ripe tomatoes, each cut into 6 thin slices
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Basil (or Watkins Italian Seasoning Blend)
- Freshly ground Watkins Sea Salt and Watkins Black Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Italian or French bread, cut into 1/2-inch/1-cm slices
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp/10 ml Watkins Garlic Liquid Spice
Combine tomatoes, Basil, Salt and Pepper; toss lightly to coat. Let
stand at room temperature at least 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 F/235 C. Place bread on baking sheet;
evenly brush tops of each slice with a mixture of the Grapeseed Oil and Garlic Liquid Spice. Bake for 5 to 8
minutes or until golden brown. Top each slice with 2 tomato slices. Broil until heated through. Serve
immediately. Makes 12 appetizers, 2 per serving.
The fat from
avocados is one of the healthiest - but it's still fat!
Try this version.
- 10 oz/280 g fresh or
frozen cut asparagus
- 2 tsp/10 ml lime
- 1-1/2 tsp/7.5 ml Watkins Onion Granules
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Garlic Granules
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml Watkins Cumin
- 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml Watkins Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp/0.6 ml freshly ground Watkins Sea Salt
- Watkins Cilantro, to taste
- Watkins Jalapeno Hot Pepper Sauce, to taste
- 1/3 cup/80 ml
peeled, seeded, chopped and drained ripe tomato
- 3 tbsp/45 ml chopped
- Tortilla Wedges
Cook asparagus; drain well. Cool, then pat dry with paper toweling;
place in blender container along with lime juice, Onion and Garlic Granules, Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, Cilantro and Hot Pepper Sauce; blend until smooth. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles. Serve with tortilla wedges.
- 1 package (8oz/227 g) corn tortillas
- Watkins Cooking Spray
- Watkins Chili Seasoning
Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Spray with Cooking Spray and sprinkle
with Chili Seasoning. Arrange on baking sheet and bake at 350 F/180 C for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp, turning
once. Let cool on wire rack. Makes 10 servings.
usually made with chicken livers;
we think more will enjoy this version!
In a small bowl, combine water chestnuts, Soy Sauce, sugar and
Ginger. Mix well; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate. Drain water chestnuts,
discarding marinade. Wrap 1 piece of bacon/turkey around each water chestnut; secure with wooden toothpick.
Place on broiler pan. Broil 4 to 6 inches/10 to 15 cm from heat for 4 to 7 minutes on each side until bacon is
crisp. Makes 24 appetizers, 2 per serving.
- 1 can (8 oz/227 g) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tbsp/45 ml Watkins Hot Honey Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp/15 ml sugar
- 1/8 tsp/0.6 ml Watkins Ginger, more if desired
- 8 slices of turkey or regular bacon, cut into thirds
A delicious and nutritious snack.
Seasoning options are limited only by your imagination!
- Two 16-oz/454-g cans or 3 cups/750 ml cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil
- 3/4 tsp/4 ml Watkins Cumin
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Black Pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp/1.2 to 2.5 ml freshly ground Watkins Sea Salt (if using cooked
- 1/8 tsp/0.6 ml Watkins Cayenne Pepper
Drain chickpeas and blot dry. Toss with Oil, Cumin, Pepper, Salt, and
Cayenne Pepper. Spread on a baking sheet that has been coated with Watkins Cooking Spray. Bake at 400 F/205
C for 30 to 40 minutes, or until chickpeas are golden brown and crisp, stirring outside chickpeas towards center several times during baking. If desired, additional ground Sea Salt can be sprinkled on after baking. Makes about
1-1/2 cups/375 ml, 4 servings.
garnish this tasty dish with fresh mango,
lime, and red onion slices.
Remove skin from drummies; set aside. In large zipper-lock plastic bag, place water, Soup Base, 2 tbsp/30 ml Calypso Hot Pepper Sauce, Grilling Rub, vinegar, and Oil; shake to mix well. Add chicken drummies. Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on rack of broiler pan coated with Watkins Cooking Spray. Bake at 400 F/205 C for 20 minutes. Turn chicken, bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Place drummies in large bowl and toss with remaining Calypso Hot Pepper Sauce; serve hot. Makes 15 appetizer servings.
- 2-1/2 lb/1.12 kg chicken drummies (meat portion of
- 1/2 cup/125 ml
- 2 tsp/10 ml Watkins Chicken Soup Base
- 1/4 cup/60 ml Watkins Calypso Hot Pepper Sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Watkins Jamaican Jerk Grilling Rub
- 1 tbsp/15 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Original Grapeseed Oil>
Every Product is Backed by Watkins
100% Satisfaction Guarantee!