|Our beautiful, full-colour Specials flyer provides details and tips for some of our most popular and timely products. Our Complete Product Price List will list EVERY Watkins product and highlight those that are on special to make your shopping experience simple, quick and enjoyable - now in a fully downloadable and printable Adobe Acrobat format!
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, or would like to upgrade to the latest version, you can do that for FREE - right here!
|A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. - Peter De Vries|
Make Watkins your Home-Business of Choice!
|Recently we heard from a Watkins Consultant who conducted her own "tax test". She prepared her tax return twice - once including her Watkins Home Business and all the "write-off" benefits that come with a home business; and then again as if her home business did not exist.
She was surprised to learn that her home business enabled her to increase her tax refund by almost $2,000.00!!!
.... needless to say, this Consultant will be with Watkins for a looooooong time to come!
Special thanks to Luci McCullough from Brantford ON for sharing this!
... and enter the Consultant ID# at the top of this page
Short sleeves, sandals, shorts, tank-tops.... summer is very nearly here! Get your skin "summer ready" now so that you can step into the season glowing!
Our Natural Sugar & Shea Body Scrubs are just what your skin needs to help it to slough off the last remnants of winter and start the season fresh! The softness they leave behind will leave you feeling so soothed and refreshed!
Our Anti-Aging line of Natural Body Care will help to fight the downside of the hot summer days by filling your skin with vitamins and nutrients that will help to combat the effects of the sun and dry, hot air. ... and you will really enjoy the scent that is perfect for both women and men.
Keep your feet looking and feeling their very best this summer with our Natural Peppermint Foot Cream - just imagine the cooling relief you will get on your hot, tired feet after a long day at the beach!
|Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. - Oprah Winfrey|
|The First Long Weekend of the Season is Coming!
Here are some handy tips to make your first barbecue of the season a roaring success...
- When using a meat thermometer, (placed into the thickest part of the muscle), 130 F/55 C indicates the meat is pink, 140 F/60 C the meat is part way brown, pink in the middle and juicy; 150 F/66 C means the meat is evenly browned, well done and fairly juicy.
- A hinged grill basket comes in handy for frequently turned food such as hamburgers, shrimp and hot dogs. The basket can be adjusted to hold different quantities.
- Four ounces/120 grams of hamburger per person is a good guide to use when judging proportions.
- Remove a roast from the grill when it is several degrees below the temperature you prefer. The roast will continue to cook.
- When cooking fatty foods on the grill, tilt the grill slightly toward you. This way fat will run to the edge of the grid instead of dripping onto the coals, causing flare-ups and smoke.
- For spit cooking, arrange the roast so that the bottom turns toward you. The fire should be placed at the back of the roast with a drip pan in the front. Constant basting is not necessary.
- Salt meat prior to placing on the grill. Salting food while it is on the grill can cause toughness.
- Steaks should be started near the coals to sear the surface and seal in juices and then moved up to finish cooking.
- Marinating food for several hours before grilling gives a stronger flavour to your finished product.
- Hickory chips sprinkled over the coals help give food a smoked flavour.
- Baste chicken or turkey with butter before grilling. The butter adds a rich flavour and keeps the bird moist.
- Save the drippings from barbecued poultry for sauces or gravy - just remember to change to a clean drip container before you start grilling!
- When cooking fish, protruding bones such as wing tips and tail can be protected from burning by placing a bit of foil around them.
- Use long-handled tongs instead of a fork when flipping meat to save as much juice as possible.
- Create self-basting skewers by threading a bacon slice over and under each chunk of food.
- Hold your palm over the grill and count seconds. If you are forced to remove your hand after 3 seconds, the first is about 350 to 400 F/180 to 200 C, perfect for steaks and chops.
- Have fun with a "do-it-yourself" skewering party! Have an assortment of food available and let your guests skewer their favourites.
|You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back. - William D. Tammeus|
- German Potato Salad
- Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Vanilla Cheesecake with Caramel Topping
- Fudge Sauce
| Waffle & Yogurt Parfait
Mediterranean Tortilla Pizza
... Mother's Day Treats
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products