Purest Ground Cinnamon / Double-Strength Vanilla / Guacamole Snack & Dip Mix / Grapefruit & Ginger Body Butter / Watkins Liniment / Juicy Sweet Apple Foaming Hand Soap ... and lots more!
To view the monthly specials at our Watkins online store, please login to your account. If you don't have an account, creating one is quick and easy! Please be sure to include my Consultant ID# as your contact! Thanks!
|Be sure to check out this month's|
Time & Energy-Saving
Home Care Tips!
... in the Home Care section of your Monthly Specials!
... and always remember... Watkins Gourmet Herbs & Spices, Seasoning Blends and Salts, and Gourmet Grinders are the perfect place to start ANY healthy meal with ... during ANY season!
- When storing salad greens or fresh herbs, place a paper towel in the container along with them. The towel will absorb excess moisture and keep your greens fresher longer.
- Make perfect 'easy-over' eggs every time without flipping! When the egg is cooked enough that you would normally flip it over ... keeping your fingers crossed, of course!... add a few drops of water to pan and quickly cover with a lid instead. Leave it for a minute or so and the steam created by the water will have cooked over the top of the egg without hardening the yolk!
- You can make any 'creamy' salad dressing or dip healthier by substituting half of the mayonnaise for Greek style yogurt.
- When roasting almost any meat, first slice an onion into 1/4-inch/1-cm slices and layer the bottom of the pan with it. Place your roast on top of the onion to cook. This will prevent it from sticking to the pan and leave you with a wonderfully 'pre-flavoured' sauce as well... just add a little water and/or stock!
- Don't 'pump' iron... 'draw' it instead! By cooking your spaghetti sauce in a cast iron pan, the acidity in the tomatoes will actually draw iron out of the pan and into your sauce - making it even healthier!
- Add a little milk to the water when you are cooking cauliflower to keep it white.
- Whenever you cook pasta, remove some of the pasta-cooking water (about 1/4 or 1/3 cup) just before draining. When you add the sauce of your choice to the pasta, add a little of the cooking liquid. This helps sauce to amalgamate; the starch in the water adds body and a kind of creaminess. An old Italian friend of mine instructed me in this finishing touch early on, and I would never, ever leave it out. It makes all the difference. (this tip is from Nigella Lawson)
- If you accidentally over-salt your soup, add a whole peeled potato to the pot. This will absorb the extra salt and you can remove it before serving.
- Add an apple to your bag of potatoes to stop them from budding.
- Keeping potatoes in the refrigerator will sweeten them.
- If two drinking glasses become stuck together after stacking, put ice in the inner glass and dunk the outer glass in warm water. The warm glass will expand and the cold glass will contract, making the glasses separate easily.
- Instead of milk or water, try soda water or carbonated water in your pancake mix. They will be much lighter and fluffier.
- Put a dash of Cinnamon or Cardamom in your coffee for an extra spice boost. Wow your guests when it's time for dessert by adding Cinnamon to your whipped cream..
- Pour a bit of vinegar over defrosting meat to accelerate the thawing process as well as tenderize the meat..
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
|Pass it on!...|
Do you have a tip that you would like to share? Click here to submit your ideas, then be sure
to check upcoming issues - and tell all your friends to watch for
your tips, too!
- To help old wooden drawers (the kind without runners) open and close smoothly, rub a candle along the tracks.
- Water that has been boiled and cooled will freeze faster than water from the tap - a handy tip for your next impromptu party!
- Save your pasta water after cooking. Once cooled, it's a wonderful 'healthy' drink for your house plants!
- Save your coffee and other size tins; they
... a multitude of uses and you reduce your waste and increase your savings by not having to purchase anything new for the job!
- make great storage for small items
- can be decorated to match any décor
- can be nailed to the wall in the garage or workshop; or
- can have a magnet glued to the back to quickly attach them to anything metal (very handy for small engine parts!)
- Start saving those little individual yogurt and soup containers now to plant your garden seeds in - remember they must be started 6 weeks before planting season begins!
- Dust your cloth lamp shades with a lint roller. It works quickly and effectively without the hassle of a vacuum.
- As soon as the snow is gone is the time to clean out bird boxes before the nesting season gets underway.
- It's also a great time to get out and prune your bushes and shrubs before the leaves begin to bud - it's healthier for the plants, and much easier for you to see what you're doing, too!
- Remember that the change to Daylight Saving Time also means it's time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
March Product Spotlights ...|
|Anti-Aging Body Care
Our skin is attacked daily by environmental stressors that can advance the signs of aging. Perfect for both women and men, the new J.R. Watkins Anti-Aging System works on three levels to keep skin soft and supple:
Anti-Aging Body Cream
- natural moisturizers and emollients hydrate skin,
- essential vitamins A, C, and E nourish skin, and
- antioxidants from grape seed and blackberry oils protect skin.
Delivers rich, pure-plant emollients plus age-defying antioxidants for soft, supple skin. Layer on skin after application of Anti-Aging Body Serum to lock in moisture for long-lasting effects.
Anti-Aging Body Serum
Oil-based serum provides concentrated skin nourishment to improve the look and feel of your skin—naturally! Best applied to damp skin immediately after cleansing.
Anti-Aging Cream Body Wash
This innovative, ultra-moisturizing cream wash combines gentle plant-based cleansers with substantive emollient ingredients to deliver an ultra-soft skin feel unlike any other body wash. Perfect for daily cleansing and shaving!
Anti-Aging Hand Cream
A non-greasy, velvety cream enriched with age-defying antioxidants to help maintain youthful-looking hands. Massage into hands, nails and cuticles to nourish and protect.
|Pomegranate & Acai Body Care|
Famous for their potent natural antioxidant activity, nutrient-rich fruits Pomegranate & Acai are effective skin care ingredients. J.R. Watkins Pomegranate & Acai Body Care helps provide daily nourishment and moisture with a crisp, natural pomegranate fragrance.
Bath & Body Oil
Hand & Body Lotion
Sugar & Shea Body Scrub
... and Available Later This Month...
Moisturizing Hand Soaps
Did you know that J.R Watkins is a Top 10 Ranking Brand in Hand Soaps in North America? With this kind of response to our Natural Hand Soaps, we are so proud to introduce our newest innovative skin softening formula that features nourishing, natural ingredients to soften and moisturize as you wash!
- Mild plant-derived formula with Vitamin E, aloe and glycerin to clean and nourish skin while softening hands
- New unique, fresh fragrances
Pomegranate & Acai - a contemporary and fruity fragrance - or -
Sweetgrass & Citron - crisp, green, clean scent
about these products in your Monthly Specials
||Specific Needs and Ailments|
- Spanish Hot Chocolate
- Rhubarb Coffeecake
- Cinnamon-Banana Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns
- Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
Amaze Your Family!
Only you need to know how easy it is to make delicious
mmm, mmm good
Chicken Cheese Potato Pancakes
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products