Note: Clicking here will return you to this current month's specials and E-News
|We hope that 2014 brings you all of the health, wealth and happiness that you desire! |
|Menthol Camphor Bath Soak / Petro Carbo Salve / Grapefruit Sugar & Shea Body Scrub / Natural Baby Oil / Menthol Lavender Drops / White Cream Liniment ... and lots more!
||Be sure to check out this month's|
Naturally Effective Time & Energy-Saving
Home Care Tips!
... in the Home Care section of your Monthly Specials!
||Take control of your Financial Resolutions for 2014 from Day 1!
|And the Top Ten Healthiest Choices are... |
... and always remember... Watkins Gourmet Herbs & Spices, Seasoning Blends and Salts, and Gourmet Grinders are the perfect place to start ANY healthy meal with ... during ANY season!
|"Another fresh new year is here . . . another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear, to love and laugh and give!
This bright new year is given me to live each day with zest . . .
To daily grow and try to be my highest and my best!
I have the opportunity once more to right some wrongs,
To pray for peace, to plant a tree, and sing more joyful songs!"
- William Arthur Ward
|Did you ever wonder...|
|The Top Ten New Year's Resolutions for 2014 are...
||"Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed."
— Cavett Robert
|The Top Ten Healthiest New Year's Resolutions are...
- Lose Weight
- Getting Organized
- Spend Less, Save More
- Enjoy Life to the Fullest
- Staying Fit and Healthy
- Learn Something Exciting
- Quit Smoking
- Help Others in Their Dreams
- Fall in Love
- Spend More Time with Family
- Lose Weight
- Stay in Touch
- Quit Smoking
- Save Money
- Cut Your Stress
- Go Back to School
- Cut Back on Alcohol
- Get More Sleep
|News Years Resolution Statistics and Data
|Percent of Americans who usually make New Year's Resolutions
|Percent of Americans who infrequently make New Year's Resolutions
|Percent of Americans who absolutely never make New Year's Resolutions
|Percent of people who are successful in achieving their resolution
|Percent who have infrequent success
|Percent who never succeed and fail on their resolution each year
|People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don't explicitly make resolutions
|Type of Resolutions|
|Self Improvement or education related resolutions||47%|
|Weight related resolutions||38%|
|Money related resolutions||34%|
|Relationship related resolutions||31%|
Do you have a tip that you would like to share? Click here to submit your ideas, then be sure
to check upcoming issues - and tell all your friends to watch for
your tips, too!
"I think in terms of the day's resolutions
... not the years'."
- Henry Moore
January Product Spotlights ...|
|White Cream Liniment
Rub away the pain! For relief without burning, simply rub on and feel the pain go away. A deep-penetrating formula that relieves minor aches.
- Time-tested: Since 1915!
- Cream lotion: Won’t dry the skin; leaves it
feeling soft and smooth; rub into skin to
- Deep penetrating formula: Reduces muscular discomfort due to overexertion, fatigue and strains; provides temporary relief for minor aches and pains associated with simple backache, arthritis, strains, bruises, sprains, and stiffness; won’t leave a greasy film on skin.
- Turpentine (9%): Extracted from pine trees, this counter-irritant has been used as a folk remedy for centuries. Please note that the material used in medicinal products is rectified; that is, it is of much higher quality than the commercial product. It is a highly effective counter-irritant and is perfectly safe in this application (but we recommend that it not be used on children under 12).
- Camphor (3%): Occurs in nature in the camphor tree, an Asian evergreen related to cinnamon. When applied to the skin, camphor produces
a mild local anesthetic action (depresses some nerve endings and stimulates others). It also acts as an anti-pruritic, which means it relieves itching (making it perfect for chicken pox, shingles, etc.).
|Petro Carbo Salve|
A protective, soothing, topical dressing for minor burns, sunburn, minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, and minor skin irritations. Helps protect exposed or irritated tissues from reopening during the healing process.
- Time-tested: Since 1888!
- Soothing/Protective: Provides temporary relief of minor cuts, scrapes, sores, burns and sunburns; helps prevent and temporarily protect chafed, chapped, cracked or wind-burned skin.
- Non-drying petrolatum base: Provides lubricating action to help prevent reopening of healing tissues when skin is flexed during normal movement.
- Low-level anesthetic action: Depresses pain
- Economical: Large tin lasts a long time.
- Phenol (1.5% w/w): Once called "carbolic acid," phenol is a very effective topical analgesic that
was used for decades for disinfecting medical
- Also Contains:
- Oil of Spruce: Has a long history in North American folk medicine of use for aches and pains.
- Camphor: A fragrant counter-irritant extracted from an Asian evergreen related to cinnamon.
- Oil of Cajeput: Extracted from the White Tea Tree in the Melaleuca family, which includes eucalyptus and clove. Used widely in Eastern medicine as an antiseptic and to relieve aches and pains.
about both of these products in your Monthly Specials
||Specific Needs and Ailments|
- Carrot Salad
- Hearty Tomato Soup
- Turkey Salad Amandine
- Mediterranean Beef and Rice Casserole
- Creamy Vanilla Mousse with Blueberry Sauce
Pack it up!
Lunch is served
... including dessert!
PB & B Roll-Ups
followed by a couple
mmm, mmm good
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products