Note: Clicking here will return you to this current month's specials and E-News
We hope that Cupid's arrow hits the mark this Valentine's Day
... after all...
Archery is an Olympic sport!
All-Natural Grapeseed Oil / Chicken Soup Base / Aloe & Green Tea Deodorant / Lemon Cream Hand & Body Lotion / Chocolate Dessert Mix / Lemon All-Purpose Wipes ... and lots more!
To view the monthly specials at our Watkins online store, please login to your account. If you don't have an account, creating one is quick and easy! Please be sure to include my Consultant ID# as your contact! Thanks!
|Be sure to check out this month's|
Time & Energy-Saving
Home Care Tips!
... in the Home Care section of your Monthly Specials!
today really IS the first day
of the rest of your life!
- Keep a small jar in the freezer to collect dried scraps of cheese. Grate it in the blender and use it to top casseroles.
- Creaming butter and sugar is easier if a few drops of water are sprinkled on top of the mixture.
- To remove chiffon pie from a pie pan and keep the graham cracker crust intact, dip the pan in warm water for a few seconds.
- Meringues must cover the pie completely and touch the edges of the pie crust to prevent shrinkage.
- If you run out of powdered sugar, blend 1 cup/250 ml of granulated sugar and 1 tbsp/15 ml cornstarch in the blender or food processor on medium-high for two minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt to very sour fruit while cooking. Less sugar will be needed to sweeten it.
- Sift non-fat dry milk with your dry ingredients when baking and vary the flavour by using fruit juices as the liquid instead of water.
- Add height to a soufflé dish by tying a buttered ban of aluminum foil around the rim.
- Egg whites will not beat properly if the bowl or beater is moist or greasy, or if there is a special of yolk in the white. Eggs beat to higher volume faster at room temperature.
- Flour and/or bread crumbs act as an insulator to protect fish from drying out during cooking or frying.
- Add a cup of water to the bottom of the broiling pan before broiling. The water will absorb the smoke and grease.
- When pan frying in butter, first grease the skillet with vegetable oil. When it's hot, add the butter. The butter will stay on top of the oil and will not burn.
- Instead of crackers or bread crumbs, try adding grated potato as an 'extender' to your next meatloaf or hamburger patties.
- Did you know that chicken has less fat than beef or pork? Moreover, a whopping 60% of the fatty acids in chicken are unsaturated! Important information for those working at keeping their cholesterol low.
- Dust your hamburger rolls or buns very lightly with Watkins Cinnamon before putting in the hamburger for a whole new taste treat!
... and always remember... Watkins Gourmet Herbs & Spices, Seasoning Blends and Salts, and Gourmet Grinders are the perfect place to start ANY healthy meal with ... during ANY season!
|Pass it on!...|
- To quickly clean a blender, fill part way with hot water and add a drop of Watkins Natural Liquid Dish Soap. Cover and turn on for a few seconds. Rinse and drain... easy-peasy!
- To remove Brazil nuts or pecans from the shell whole, freeze overnight.
- To easily clean a broiler pan, sprinkle the hot pan heavily with Watkins Laundry Detergent (the dry form). Cover with a dampened paper towel and let burned food set for a while.
- To remove food stuck to a casserole dish, fill the dish with boiling water and add 2 tbsp/30 ml of baking soda or salt. Let sit for a while.
- To remove coffee or tea stains from china (or stains on your countertop, too) rub with a damp cloth dipped in baking soda. Baking soda will act as a mild abrasive without scratching or damaging.
- A little Watkins Vanilla poured on a piece of cotton and placed in the refrigerator will eliminate odours!
- If an egg drops on the floor, sprinkle it with salt and let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes. The egg will become dry, making it easy to whisk into a dustpan.
- Forget the corkscrew? Run hot water over the neck of the bottle. The heat will expand the glass, making it easier to remove the cork.
- To restore the pile on areas of your carpet that have been flattened by furniture, hold a steam iron over the spot. The steam will bring the pile back up. Be careful not to touch the carpet with the iron though!
Do you have a tip that you would like to share? Click here to submit your ideas, then be sure
to check upcoming issues - and tell all your friends to watch for
your tips, too!
February Product Spotlights ...|
|Aloe & Green Tea Deodorant
North Americans everywhere are giving this natural product a 5-Star Rating! Our unique aluminum-free formula uses coriander and sage extracts to help tighten pores and eliminate body odor without the irritation and drying of
antiperspirant products. Pure aloe vera gel and antioxidant green tea extract keeps skin soft and healthy. And the light, fresh scent is perfect for women or men! (70 g/2.5 oz.)
Testimonial: "My husband is allergic to over the counter deodorants or anti-perspirants. He gets itchy and develops a rash. He is very clean and tried going without, but I just couldn't handle the natural smell at the end of the day. I bought all kinds of products claiming they are for sensitive skin. Even at health food outlets. We discovered Watkins at a trade show and it is the best ever. It smells great, he smells great and no itch or rash. I hope that you never stop making it." TD
...See what others are saying about this product at our Watkins online store!
|Natural All-Purpose Wipes|
Keep dirt, grime and toxins off your hands with J.R. Watkins Natural All Purpose Wipes. These biodegradable, durable and disposal wipes effortlessly wipe away dirt and grime from any hard surface water alone won't harm. And because these wipes are readily biodegradable, you can toss them away without environmental repercussions. No rinsing required, simply wipe away spills. You'll love this revolutionary way of cleaning your house without water!
Other cleaning wipes contain harsh chemicals and their labels detail specific handling warnings and cautionary statements. They also require rinsing and are not recommended for surfaces that come into contact with food. J.R. Watkins Natural All Purpose Wipes are non-hazardous and do not contain chemicals. Minimize your family's exposure to these
harmful toxins with J.R. Watkins Natural All Purpose Wipes. (35 wipes per container)
Did you know?
The National Academy of Science estimates that 15 percent of all Americans are multi-chemically sensitive due to chronic exposure to household products.
The Environmental Protection Agency maintains that half of all illnesses occurring in the United States can be attributed to chemical contamination of indoor air.
The Environmental Protection Agency states that during the last 20 years, more than 75 percent of our landfills have reached maximum capacity and that more than half of those remaining will be filled up over the next 20 years.
about both of these products in your Monthly Specials
||Specific Needs and Ailments|
- Russian Salad Dressing
- Beef Stroganoff
- Russian Tea (Dry Mix)
Warm your tummy up with a serving of
Ditch Digger Special
mmm, mmm good
Frozen Chocolate Cookie Cupcakes!
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products