If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, or would like to upgrade to the latest version, you can do that for FREE - right here!
... Happy Summer!
|“People take pictures of the summer, just in case someone thought they had missed it, and to prove that it really existed.”|
... Ray Davies
Make Watkins your Home-Business of Choice!
Join our Watkins Team by August 31, 2015 and receive a $20 Gift Certificate right from Watkins Inc. that you can use to purchase your favourite Watkins products!... Join electronically online and SAVE $20 off our regular Membership of $39.95!
Why wait? Click on the link below to learn more about Watkins Tried-and-True Business Opportunity and get started right away!
... and enter the Consultant ID# at the top of this page
|Catch the "Big One"? |
... here are some tips to make it last past the picture!
- Fish spoils quickly and it is important to cook as soon as possible after buying.. or catching. Otherwise, place in a tightly covered container and store in the coldest part of the refrigerator.
- To prepare fish for cooking, wipe off carefully with a clean cloth wrung out of cold water. Scrap off any scales with a knife, scraping against the scales, then wipe out the inside and outside of the fish. remove any clots of blood. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, you can ask your butcher to do this for you.
- One pound/454 grams of fish fillets will serve two to three people.
- Never over cook fish! Fish requires a short cooking time. The test for doneness is the flakiness of the fish; when the fish separates or flakes, it is done.
- For easier scaling, use an ordinary grater, or dip fish in boiling water and the scales can be quickly removed.
- To help fillets hold their shape, wipe the fillets with a damp cloth and dry on paper towels. Roll in flour, seasoned with salt and Watkins Black Pepper. Dip in beaten egg and roll in fine dry cracker or bread crumbs. Cook at once because the coating falls off when allowed to stand. For a thin coating, wipe and dry the fish, dip in salted milk (1 level tbsp/15 ml of salt to each cup/250 ml of milk), then roll in fine dry crumbs, or corn meal. Bake, sauté, or fry.
- If you purchase your fish whole from the market, check to be sure that the eyes are bright, gills are red, scales are bright, the flesh is firm ... and there should be no unpleasant "fishy" odour.
- Fresh fish sinks when placed in cold water.
|"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.”|
... Henry James
|Are you getting enough Vitamin ... G?
Now referred to as Riboflavin or Vitamin B2, Watkins Household Hints (1941), says that Vitamin G is necessary for growth and normal nutrition and is essential for people of all ages. It can be found in fruits, vegetables, whole grain cereals, eggs, meat, milk, yeast, and glandular organs - and is destroyed by heat in alkaline solutions. Low levels of Vitamin G are known to be a key factor in the development of cataracts and certain types of anaemia. Riboflavin can also:
Help protect cells from oxygen damage
Support cellular energy production
Help maintain your supply of other B vitamins
|According to AskMen.com...|
... the top 8 tailgate dishes are:
You can find recipes at www.askmen.com
- Potato Salad
- Chicken Wings
- Chicken Skewers
- Tomato Salsa
- Cheese and Bean Dip
- Chipotle Yogurt Dip
|Well that just frosts your window!
Did you know that you can create your own frosted glass if you have a window that you would like to add privacy to without sacrificing light? Here's how: clean the window thoroughly, then cut pieces of white tissue paper exactly to fit. Cover the tissue paper with spar varnish (or marine varnish) to waterproof the paper and insure privacy without excluding the light.... easy peasy!
|According to AfternoonTea.co.uk...|
... the top 10 afternoon tea sandwiches are:
You can find recipes at www.afternoontea.co.uk
- Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
- Egg Mayonnaise & Cress
- Chicken & Mayonnaise
- Cucumber & Cream Cheese
- Cheese & Chutney
- Ham & Mustard
- Prawn & Mayonnaise
- Beef & Horseradish
- Tuna & Mayonnaise
- Roasted Vegetables & Cream Cheese
|"... it's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine ... it's summertime!"|
... Kenny Chesney
- Spanish "French" Toast
- Chocolate-Almond Zucchini Bread
- Quick-and-Easy Pickled Peaches
- Cinnamon Vinaigrette
- Simple and Delicious Peach Cobbler
| Creamy Fruit Dip
... two delicious treats that will keep you cool as a cucumber!
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products