|Good news Canada! Watkins Great Outdoors Insect Repellent is back in stock and ready to order!
|Would you like to prepare your Watkins grocery list in your lounger on the deck... curled up in your favourite chair... over a cup of coffee at the kitchen table... but away from your computer? Now you have a choice! Each month, we will bring you your Monthly Specials PLUS our Complete Product Price List in a fully downloadable and printable Adobe Acrobat format!
Our beautiful, full-colour Specials flyer will provide details and tips for some of our most popular and timely products. Our Complete Product Price List will list EVERY Watkins product and highlight those that are on special to make your shopping experience simple, quick and enjoyable.
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, or would like to upgrade to the latest version, you can do that for FREE - right here!
|August 8th is the OFFICIAL|
"Sneak Your Giant Zucchini Onto Your Neighbour's Porch Night"!
If you've ever planted this delicious summer squash, you know how quickly even one plant can get out of hand! This annual tradition of "sharing your wealth" now has an official day... so don't be surprised to find one on YOUR porch!
||Petro Carbo Salve|
Relied upon for generations, every home medicine cabinet and first-aid kit needs this versatile product. Its active ingredient is phenol (carbolic acid), but other benefits, and its unique aroma, derive from natural botanicals, including camphor, oil of spruce and the tea tree relative, cajeput. Safe and effective for relieving pain and itching associated with minor cuts, burns, skin irritations, scrapes, insect bites, and more. This salve also 'draws' which makes it perfect for splinters, boils, ingrown hairs, pimples, etc.
The perfect addition to your camping gear, fishing tackle box, hiking backpack, picnic hamper, fanny-pack, purse, .... anywhere YOU are! From the large tin, you can fill several smaller containers (like pill containers, or small containers for beads or glitter) that will fit easily into your purse, pocket or glove compartment. That way, no matter where you are, you're protected when you need it!
| New Gourmet Extracts! |
Available to order August 4th in both Canada and U.S.
Special Introductory Offer! - During August, buy one at the regular price and get the second for 30% off!
Hazelnut Extract - Rich flavor of hazelnut adds a nutty twist to beverages and baked goods. Use in desserts, combine with chocolate, in coffee and as a vanilla substitute. It blends well with Vanilla extract and is a popular sweet, buttery hazelnut flavor which is ideal for baked goods.
#60378 (2 fl oz/59 mL)
Pumpkin Spice Extract - Nostalgic, autumnal signature flavor. Use in cakes, muffins, cookies, sweet breads and coffee for a delicious pumpkin spiced flavor. Use one teaspoon in any cake or cookie recipe to add a unique twist.
#60452 (2 fl oz/59 mL)
- Feeling tense? Here are a couple of tips that may help:
- Help someone. Hans Selye, the great stress expert, said such action is therapeutic. He observed this makes a deposit in the "Bank of Good Will" and earns "interest" for both the helper and helpee.
- Use the "8-8-8 Breather" when you feel tense. Count to eight in each phase. Visualize the sides of a triangle: (1) Inhale slowly, (2) Hold your breath, (3) Exhale slowly. This relaxer counteracts the rapid, shallow breathing of tension.
- Realize that good health requires balance. A famous scientist once said, "Illnesses hover constantly above us, their seeds blown by the wind. However, they will not grow in the terrain unless the terrain is ready to receive them."
- Laugh today! It's been called "internal jogging."
- As more fresh fruits and vegetables come into season, here is something to consider; red bell peppers (and chiles) have more vitamin C than green, yellow or orange peppers. Although all peppers are nutritious, a green bell has twice as much vitamin C as an orange, and a red one has 3 times as much!
- Did you know that the phrase "salad days" refers to the early phase of one's adulthood or career, presumably because salad is considered a mere prelude of better things to come... or because someone at that stage of life cannot yet afford the entrée!
- Brillat-Savarin, the fabled French gastronome, was not a huge fan of vegetables, giving them only limited space in his writings. However, he made a notable exception for salad, which he said "freshens without enfeebling and fortifies without irritating."
- With the high cost of meat, try dedicating at least one day a week to meatless meals. Consider more healthy grains and legumes. The vast majority of calories in grains come from carbohydrates, which should make up about two-thirds of your daily caloric intake. Grains are also excellent low-fat sources of protein, and supply B-vitamins (nature's stress reducers!) and minerals. Whole grains are rich in soluble fiber (the kind that promotes a healthy intestinal tract), and all grains are good sources of soluble fiber (the kind that lowers cholesterol).
- Did you know that your body can actually become addicted to sugar and fats? If you working towards a healthier lifestyle, you may have to suffer through a withdrawal period if you suddenly cut out these high-calorie, low-nutrition culprits! This doesn't mean you should keep consuming them, but if they are a large part of your diet now, just be aware that this could happen and prepare for it with healthy sugars like fresh fruits... which are coming into season everywhere now.
- Did you know that you can substitute applesauce, mashed banana and even prune purée for the fat in many baked goods?
- Nutrient deficiencies, highs and lows of blood sugar, and caffeine jitters can all affect your mood. On the other hand, unrefined, unprocessed foods, nourish the nervous system and the adrenal glands in charge of managing stress. Such foods can help you stay calm, even-tempered and cheerful. Others may notice the difference, and you're likely to enjoy your own company more as well!
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- Cheese-Filled Celery
- Skillet Oriental
- Sour Cream Banana Cake
- Strawberry Mousse
|Tasty, Quick, Cool!... That's what this month is all about!
Fun for all with our unique
Canned Banana Salad and our yummyBologna Cupped Eggs
that make a great breakfast OR supper!
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products