May this Easter be filled with
the love and happiness
of your family, friends and,of course
.... all the chocolate you can eat!
Pomegranate & Acai Hand Cream / Vitamin C / Natural Baby Oil / Lavender Body Scrub / Petro Carbo Salve / Menthol Lavender Drops ... and lots more!
To view the monthly specials at our Watkins online store, please login to your account. If you don't have an account, creating one is quick and easy! Please be sure to include my Consultant ID# as your contact! Thanks!
|Be sure to check out this month's|
Time & Energy-Saving
Home Care Tips!
... in the Home Care section of your Monthly Specials!
This month - Garage Sale Tips!
||DEET - and YOU!
Insect repellents can help you reduce mosquito and tick bites, which can cause a range of health problems, from itchiness and irritation to potentially serious diseases. Even though Watkins Great Outdoors Insect Repellents are currently available for purchase only in Canada, no matter where you live, you still need protection! Here is some information from Health Canada to help you choose the product that's right for you - and your children - not matter where you live.
Health Canada has approved the following concentrations for different age groups. Prolonged use should be avoided in children under the age of 12.
- Adults and children over 12: Up to 30% concentration of DEET may be used for adults and children over 12 years of age. One application of 30% DEET should be effective for six hours against mosquitos.
- Children aged two to 12: Up to 10% concentration for children aged two to 12, applied up to three times daily. One application of 10% DEET should be effective for three hours against mosquitos.
- Children aged six months to two years: Up to 10% concentration for children aged six months to two years, applied no more than once daily. One application of 10% DEET offers three hours of protection against mosquitos.
- Children under six months: Do not use personal insect repellents containing DEET on infants under six months of age. Use a mosquito net when the child is outdoors in a crib, playpen or stroller.
... and always remember... Watkins Gourmet Herbs & Spices, Seasoning Blends and Salts, and Gourmet Grinders are the perfect place to start ANY healthy meal with ... during ANY season!
- To chop onions without tears, set a lighted kitchen candle nearby. The flame burns the sulfuric fumes that irritate eyes, and the aroma is much preferable!
- To purify oil for frying, throw in a piece of bread soaked in vinegar.
- Herbs and spices should never be stored near a microwave, exhaust fan, range top, or window. Heat and sunlight can cause a loss of flavour, potency and colour. Store all herbs, spices and oils in a cool, dry, dark location.
- To remove excess fat from soup, simply draw a slice of bread across the surface.
- When preparing greens for a salad, make a lot, so you'll be ready for future dinners. Wash, tear and spin-dry. Roll what you don't use in paper toweling and store in a zip-top bag in the fridge. The greens will stay fresh for over a week!
- To keep muffins from burning around the edges, leave one muffin cup empty and fill it with cold water before baking.
- To make homemade breads taste like sourdough, use yogurt in place of the milk or water in your bread dough.
- Planning a turkey dinner for Easter? Here's a tip - the bigger the turkey, the more meat you will get per pound.
- A piece of bread placed in the bottom of your broiler pan will catch grease and help prevent sparks and fires.
- For crispy-crusted fried chicken, roll the chicken in buttermilk, then in self-rising flour seasoned with Paprika and Watkins Black Pepper.
- When frying any meat, sprinkle a small amount of Paprika on it and it will turn golden brown.
- A small amount of Rosemary brings out the flavour in a ham loaf.
- Don't salt the cooking water for corn-on-the-cob or beans; it will make them tougher.
- For a rich brown pie crust, use dark metal pie tins, which absorb and hold the heat. Bright shiny ones reflect it.
- Adding 1/4 tsp/1.2 ml of Watkins Almond Extract to cherry or peach pies will given them a better flavour.
- To keep meringue toppings from shrinking, spread them on the pie while the filling is hot.
- When making biscotti or other hand-formed cookies, wet your hands with water to keep dough from sticking to them.
- To keep brown sugar moist, store it in an airtight container with a whole orange, lemon or lime, or a slice of apple or bread.
- For a flaming pudding, soak sugar cubes in Watkins Orange, Lemon or Almond Extract. Place them on the pudding and light.
- When a recipe call for sifting, you can save time by simply mixing the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stirring with a whisk.
- Don't store minced garlic in oil - it creates an anaerobic environment perfect for the growth of botulism! If you wan the flavour of fresh garlic with quick convenience, use Watkins Liquid Garlic Oil instead; it's made with pure garlic oil and treated so it will last a long time without refrigeration.
April Product Spotlights ...|
|Travel and Gift Sets
Whether you're planning a weekend away or looking for a 'pamper-yourself' gift for a special someone, Watkins Travel and Gift Sets are the perfect solution!
Each kit includes a selection Watkins Natural Personal Care Products that encompass a special theme:
Hands and Feet Retreat
- a 'mani-pedi' in a pouch!
- a relaxing day at the spa!
A Few of Our Favourite Things
- our best sellers all wrapped up together!
... All containers are perfectly sized to comply with airline and travel regulations!
Make Room for Baby!...
At home or away, Watkins "Award Winning" Natural Baby Care Products are the perfect choice to care for your little one without worry! Made with ingredients as wholesome and harmless as your baby, our products are free of synthetic preservative, fragrances and dyes.
Baby Balm - Formulated with
chamomile and calendula extracts, this balm helps gently relieve minor skin
irritations. (0.6 oz/17 g)
* 100% natural
* Convenient stick
Baby Oil -
This nourishing blend of luxurious, natural oils and vitamin E provides deep,
long-lasting moisture. (4 fl oz/118 mL)
* 100% natural
Baby Lotion - J.R. Watkins Naturals Baby Lotion contains natural shea butter and sunflower oil,
providing all day moisture that leaves skin naturally smooth, soft and
nourished. (8 fl oz/237 mL)
* Light, fast-absorbing
- This versatile formula suds up to gently
cleanse skin and hair, leaving baby clean and refreshed. (8 fl oz/237 mL)
Find more details and pricing for these products in your Monthly Specials
||Specific Needs and Ailments|
- Fruit Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Bean Soup
- Brunch Casserole
- Easy Mocha Pie
- Chewy Brownies
|Become Your Family's Dessert Chef!
Treat them to delicious
for dinner... and
mmm, mmm good
with their lunch!
If there are
"allergies" or "sensitivities" applicable to you or someone you
love, you'll want to check this out to learn about specific product
- Wheat, and our
- Kosher Products